Steven

Designer & Webflow / Bubble developer

Making Β£30k in sales for retailers within 3 months using Webflow.

I recently published a blog post where I share how we built a profitable NoCode side business & made Β£30k in sales for retailers within 3 months using Webflow.

Feel free to check it out and if you have any feedback don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you!

Read blog post
Like Comment

T30 Day 2 whichpixel.com

Day 2 was planning, researching and figuring out how I'm actually going to do this thing. In the meantime I added a simple holding page :) #T30

www.whichpixel.com
Like Comment

T30 - Let's go! πŸ’ͺ

It’s January 2006, I’m reading a Wired article about a guy called Alex Tew. He’s 22 years old, and a few months before the article he launched a website called Million Dollar Homepage. The rest, as they say, is history.

I was 24 at the time, studying fashion design at university. I was always going to set up my own creative business. It was inevitable. I already started designing and selling clothes in college.

A few years go by and I’m running an SEO & web design company with a friend. I’m sitting at my desk thinking back to the Wired article, remembering how excited I felt and how my mind wandered creatively while I was reading it. This got me fired up. A few days later I had my ideas down, bought a domain name and started speaking to a developer about building it. But business got in the way, the idea got shelved and I eventually forgot about the domain name. When I later checked on it, someone else had bought it.

A decade passes by, really quickly. But throughout this time I would constantly think back to that Wired article and every few months take a little time out to let my mind wander and think about crazy online ideas, sometimes put designs together, speak to people about them, take notes, iterate and evolve them. The bigger and more ridiculous, the better.

Fast forward to June 2020. I’ve now been thinking about several crazy online ventures for over 10 years and done nothing about it. I sat there and thought to myself, fuck it! I’m actually going to do it. So on June the 13th I registered whichpixel. com based around an idea I’ve been thinking about for some time. I was also listening to My First Million, a podcast by Shaan Puri and Sam Parr, and during this time they were riffing on how to create a multimillion dollar business within a few months, using only $10k capital. In one of the episodes Shaan mentioned the Million Dollar Homepage website and how he loves bizarre ideas like this and that someone should do it. Shaan, someone is looking to do it. Me! It sounds absolutely mental, but I wanted to reach out to Shaan. This got me even more excited.

I wanted the idea to be anonymous, but tell Shaan only. Maybe he would chat about it on the podcast. Maybe that sounds fucking ridiculous, I don’t know. The thinking behind it was that I’m a nobody, I have no clout, no authority and maybe the anonymity aspect could create some kind of buzz around it. I was also very scared to put something like this out there in public. I planned to do this in December after finishing several client & in-house projects.

That was until Ben Tossell announced the T30 Challenge! I also noticed Shaan was one of the judges. It was then I thought to myself holy shit, this can be my entry for the challenge. I sent Ben a DM on Twitter telling him I was super nervous. I’m genuinely scared to put myself out there publicly with this challenge and the story. I feel stupid.

So here I am, almost 39 years old with the same thirst for the idea I had over a decade ago. It’s time it was done. It’s time it was done using NoCode tools. Others have tried to replicate this in the past, and failed miserably. It’s either going to be an epic success or one big fucking flop. But who cares. It’s all about putting myself out there, entering the unknown and relishing the challenge. It’s about using the T30 Challenge as a springboard to start. I plan to document the process over the next 30 days.

Go big or go home!
Steven
Like Comment

What's the best way to do this in Webflow?

Hey everyone,

I currently have a paragraph with individual text spans to achieve the following effect (see link below).

https://cln.sh/WO7G0B

I think it will be a nightmare if I need to edit something like this further down the line and to make it work responsively too. Especially as this is first draft so no doubt the text will change.

Is there a better way of achieving the same effect? Can it be done in Webflow without custom code? Or will I need custom code for this?

Thank you!
Like Comment

Launch of vdeo.pro πŸš€

Hey everyone,

After launching Threadzzz.com on Monday, I decided to publish a project that’s been sat in my Webflow account for 16 months!!! πŸ€ͺ

β†’β†’β†’ vdeo.pro

We started providing this service back in 2018 through my creative studio, but didn’t launch as a stand-alone business as we focussed on client projects.

I dipped in & out of the website throughout 2019, but never clicked publish. I have now! πŸš€

The website is made in Webflow & we use spp.co to manage client orders, payments & more. It’s seamless! SPP takes a LOT of headaches away & allows you to focus on delivering a great service.

We read about SPP here, on a Makerpad case study, featuring Scribly. We now also use Scribly's copywriting services on another business and highly recommend their services.

Feel free to check the project out, would love to know your thoughts.

Thank you! ❀️
Like Comment

Recently Launched Threadzzz.com πŸš€

Hey everyone πŸ‘‹

Yesterday I launched Threadzzz - curated Twitter threads sent to your inbox.

I explain the story behind it hereΒ 

It was very simple to make β†’ Webflow + Zapier + Mailerlite.

I set an email automation using Mailerlite to create a welcome email & survey within the email to gather information from new sign ups.

Would love you to check it out & let me know what you think.

Thank you! πŸ™Β 
Like Comment