Luke Marshall

Marketing Consultant - LukeMarshall.net
😎
Marketer, writer, and tinkerer. I have a diverse marketing skill-set (digital, copy, hacking through design, advertising) and love upskilling.
Planning to create an automated content creator for B2B outreach / conversational marketing.

Ideally it will have
  • A checklist / workflow
  • Character counts
  • Ability to produce multiple snippets / elements
  • Automation

And as close as I can get to plug-and-play (push to someone in Slack / Teams / email) for deployment.

Or better yet, integration into some of their channels.

Will see how I go :)

Hey team, am going to build out the blog section of my website over the weekend.

Found this tutorial and am finally getting more comfortable with responsive grids and also toggling visibility for elements if they get wonky on smaller viewports.

Just wanted to sense-check the process in case there is a better way to do it.

1. Set up a Collection for Blog content
  2. Add fields for Headline, Tags, Rich Text, Featured Image, and Video Link
  3. Create a page, add some intro headlines and copy, and add a responsive grid
  4. Link the grid to the Blog Collection

The bit I'm wondering is whether I need to create two Collections (one for video, one for written) to enable things like toggling?

Or if there's a way to lift video updates from my YouTube automagically even better!

I spotted this site -Β https://www.nocode.video/Β - and it looks gnarly!

Thanks in advance.

So it's almost the end of the weekend here, and it turned out pretty well.

I got more familiar with Grids and also the Editor which I hadn't spent much time in (it looks very different to Designer mode).

It took longer than I would have liked but that's always the way when you're learning. I added a toggle for in the future when I start publishing articles (have been pure video for now).

Final result:

link to live version here

I'm a bit annoyed by Link Blocks - they eat up the image and look a bit crapper than when they're not there, but it's less clickable.

Ran out of time to figure that out and will do for now!

Fun fact:
- going and manually adding YT thumbnails to 11-12 videos was a fun job.

I don't know what it's like in other markets (I'm in Australia) but there's definitely pitch + sales fatigue happening where I am.

Buyers are more cautious, more resistant to replying to emails, and a bit gun shy.

So I set up a form free of pitches / sells / data capture with Airtable. It's separate to my site and can be visited via bit.ly so they don't even need to go into my retargeting funnel.

✨ Magic Marketing Form ✨

I've been having a lot of fun spinning content on my YouTube channel and distributing it to my LinkedIn connections and FB group.

Video introducing the concept here.

I know helping my extended network helps everyone, and this seemed like a easy and frictionless way to distribute that help. Was easy to pop up a button in the menu on Webflow too (under video).

Still getting the hang of all this but am getting better.

I was getting stuck on Webflow a bit but found Jan Losert's video course via one of the Makerpad showcase pages and am getting much better.

Have set up LukeMarshall.net in Webflow, and have this as the current set up:
  • Home page
  • A Webinar page - it integrates with Demio. Then Zapier connects submissions into MailerLite for a subscription, Airtbale for my CRM, and Gmail for an email alert (love it when those come in)
  • Also set up a popup with a MailerLite embed, and think there's cleaner ways to do it but this will do for now
  • I've also set up a Calendly integration for booking strategy sessions, which I think I'll move to an integrated page rather than offsite in the future
  • Have set up Google Tag Manager with GA and FB Pixel for capturing audiences and have Events set up on everything

Am planning to add a blog, a website sales value calculator, a gated community for exclusive content + courses, and a feedback / questions box in the future.

It's definitely come a long way though :)

Went searching for this (as I'm sure it's been asked before) but got this error when searching:

Pretty sure circle.so would be great, but reticent to commit / pay when I'm building a community from scratch.

Use case -Β 
  • Building a small community of business owners / marketers that I coach / release gated content to over time
Thanks!

With Bubble you can pretty much do what you want dude. I think the 'app' wording has mistaken a lot of people. Nucode.co was built on Bubble along with plenty of others. I mentioned Bubble as it sounded like you wanted to build it.

KiΒ is looking in to this also - might be worth speaking to :)Β 
Ki replied
  ·  1 reply
Make sure you look for options that have data export. You'll want to be sure that you can export both your members and the content you've created in the platform. A lot of these platforms will lock you in. Pick the easiest one to start with that enables you to move later, if need be.
Preetish replied
  ·  1 reply
Mighty Networks maybe?

Tribe.so? Podia? Teachable?Β 
  • 13+ years experience driving sales with online for some of the top advertisers in the world (L'Oreal, BMW, P&G, Unilever, Facebook, Google)
  • End-to-end marketer - strategy ideation through to execution through to analysis
  • Enjoy writing, learning, teaching, presenting, tinkering

Really enjoying this community and the learning curve.
    Shout if I can help.

β›“ LinkedIn
    πŸ“ˆ Complementary Consults
    🐦 Twitter