Tessa

Founder of Recruit-HQ
😎
I'm happy to share that recruit-hq.com is now live! Mainly for beta testing (feedback welcome) over the next week or so and then I'll be sharing more widely on August 17.

Recruit-HQ is an online platform where current and former college student-athletes can leave anonymous reviews about their experiences and current high school students and their parents can see the reviews to better inform their athletic recruiting journey. We already have 1,000+ reviews submitted :)

HUGE thanks to Ben TossellΒ Tom Osman and the Makerpad team and community for their support getting the site to where it is nowβ€”I can genuinely say that joining Makerpad last fall was hands-down one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Lots more work to be done to actually get the marketplace "working" (user interaction and more reviews), but excited to start working on that next phase now that there's something there for users to go to and get value from even at this early stage.

Another big shoutout toΒ Chris Spags for all of his help with setting up filters and using jetboost.io, as well as a couple of other Javascript roadblocks that I ran into along the way.

I also have to thank Glenn McWhinney for encouraging me to stick with Webflow when the learning curve felt too steep a few months ago :)

Recruit-HQ has been built using:

Webflow
Typeform
Zapier
Memberstack
Chart.js
Jetboost
Airtable
Pory (Sam and Luannie are amazing and I highly recommend Pory.io!)
ParabolaΒ 
Iubenda
Trello
JavaScript (a few needed lines of code here and there, against my will!)

If you know any high school athletes who are looking to compete in the NCAA, send them our way! :)

Tessa, congrats on the launch! That's so exciting πŸŽ‰
Tessa replied
  ·  1 reply
Congrats Tessa! Sounds very impressive with all of those reviews too πŸ‘πŸ»
Tessa replied
  ·  1 reply
HeyΒ Ward SandlerΒ β€” I'm wondering if it's possible for a Memberspace user to add another email or share an account? My site is primarily focused on high school athletes, but I'm trying to figure out how they might be able to share what they're learning/researching/finding with their parents or a coach.
Hey Tessa πŸ‘‹ yes you could simply have them share their login with anyone else, or you could create a free Coach/Parent plan and manually invite the coach/parent or send them a sign-up link so they can access what the athletes sees. Here's our guide on various options here: help.memberspace.com/article/181-how-...

Let me know if that's all clear and if you have any follow up questions πŸ‘Β 
Tessa replied
  ·  2 replies
With fitness studios getting ready to re-open, a new set of waiver releases with new COVID measures taken into consideration will be required for clients to train. Unfortunately, the backend system (MINDBODY) that we have at our studio (I'm a coach) is setup in such a way that the new waiver will replace the old waiver for each client, but studio owners need to keep the old waivers on hand for their records. As you can imagine, with hundreds, or thousands, of past and current clients in the system, opening up each clients profile and printing out their waiver would take FOR-EV-ER.

So instead I was able to pull something together to dynamically generate the current waivers in the system (this is what actually happens in the MINDBODY backend as well) and then bundle all the waivers in a single PDF for each studio so they have them digitally for their records.

https://www.pipeline-solutions.co/
Love how you pinpoint a specific problem and quickly build a solution for it!

Would love to also hear how you plan on advertising this to other fitness studio & the traction.Β 
Tessa replied
  ·  1 reply
Hope everyone is having a good start to the week :)

I've been a part of the Makerpad community for about 6 months now and love it! Previous to Makerpad I had built a few small side projects using no-code tools, such as Squarespace, Knack, IFTTT, Zapier and Airtable, but I've learned a ton more already and look forward to continuing to leverage no-code platforms to build solutions. I'd say Webflow and Parabola are my two favourite new tools to use since learning about them through this communityβ€”super powerful!

Currently I am working on two projects:

Recruit-HQ (https://recruit-hq.com) - main project
An online platform where current and former college student-athletes can leave anonymous reviews about their experiences and current high school students can see the reviews alongside roster openings (going live August 2020)

Pipeline Solutions (https://pipeline-solutions-beta.webflow.io/) - side project mainly on hold due to COVID-19
Backend automations and analytics for fitness studios.

Looking forward to continuing to learn from you all and help where I can! Stay safe!

Love the recruit-HQ idea. Played college golf at Texas Tech and George Washington University so totally resonates with me.
Especially since I was coming from France, I would have loved some 'honest' insights and reviews from current athletes to make the best choice.Β 
Tessa replied
  ·  3 replies