Matt

Sales Engineer
⭐ 🦾
Regulated content management for life science companies. Using automation and integration to make process easier.
Hi Maker-padders - I am looking for a service that could take a Base64 image string and provide a file. Preferably in Zapier, Integromat etc.

Seems like a simple task, in code at-least. Thoughts?
Hey Matt!

CloudConvert should be able to do this but would need to check the connectors in Zapier or Integromat!
Hey Tom - Thanks for the reply. Looks like Zapier and Integromat apps only handle files as input, not a string of characters. Any other ideas? Looks like I may need to drop out to code for this one...
Tough one for today... I have an Excel spreadsheet (xlsx) that has some basic formulas (mostly concatenation) that cross reference each other in about 10 different sheets. I need an easy way to update a few cells in 2 of the sheets and have all the formula's applied to the values in all the other sheets and then export the entire workbook to csv files or something readable by python.

Thoughts?
Sounds like this one would be outside of my spreadsheet knowledge but maybe Parabola could help with this?

Could bring in all sheets into one flow and combine / compute all the things you need to in there and export to CSV (or other).
Sounds like bringing this over to google sheets and using the =IMPORTRANGE() or simply other tabs for the reference aspect would be perfect. You can easily export as CSV from google sheets once it's set up, I've done this a few times for clients and it's pretty simple to bring together
Thanks for all the comments. I ended up converting to Google Sheets. Tried to stick to no-code tools for processing, but was inconsistent (Zapier detecting new rows having been added) Also, I found myself using 3-5 services for something pretty simple and it was getting very confusing to keep them all straight. In the end, I turned to python (https://www.pythonanywhere.com) and gspread (https://gspread.readthedocs.io) and 75 lines of code. I learned that when you need ultimate flexibility, code can give you that. Plus, for this small task, there are no hosting services.

Also, it is much more difficult to use nocode tools with a non-flexible goal. If you have a goal that is more flexible, then nocode tools might be able to help.

Through my experience, there is still a place for code.
Hi nocoders, I am looking for a service that I can use to automate combining either MS Word files or PDFs. We have a system where a binder of documents are managed, reviewed and approved. Once approved, I need to be able to use a service to send the word or PDF files to that would combine them in order. Zapier compatible would be nice, but not a requirement.
Thanks!
There's a PDF combiner in smallpdf.com/ but not sure how to automate it, it's not compatible with Zapier
I think I have a path forward. Integromat has a template that will look to a google drive folder and combine all the PDFs in the folder using CloudConvert. This seems close to what I need.

Tom Osman replied
  ·  1 reply
Would Adalo be the right choice if I wanted to have an app that can download and open PDF files from another system (e.g. Google Drive, etc) that has a REST API?
David - This is extremely helpful. I will be signing up and giving this a try. Any tips or tricks that an Adalo newbie should be aware of?
Wow - I am just amazed. I am super curious! I'll be working on it this weekend.
David - I just tried it on my Android Samsung phone and after clicking on one of the PDFs to view, I only see the option to "open". On the web simulator (https://previewer.adalo.com/091d1191-33e9-431d-b3fe-85b1f6ad8e71), it actually shows me the PDF inline.

Why?

Katelyn Campbell replied
  ·  1 reply
Just joined Makerpad and super excited to get plugged into the groups. Comp Sci background, Regulated (Life Science) industry for 20 years. Currently in a Sales Engineer role. Many proof's of concepts. Have used many different tools. Excited to learn about how to take my automations to the next level for regulated industry.
Welcome to the community Matt, hope you enjoy and get some value from it.
Hey Matt.

Has been good to meet you and glad to see you diving in!
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the community. What are your favorite tools for proofs of concepts? 
Matt replied
  ·  1 reply