Glenn McWhinney

Founder, TheFlow.agency
😎 🛠️
Hi. I'm a keen NoCode community member & helper. I'm especially into: Webflow, Integromat and Airtable & many more tools. Mostly, I 💜 unleashing creativity and helping people to free their minds 👍

App Launch & Overview: Using Adalo to create an MVP Ecom App (PWA) called Annies Express

😎 🛠️
When a local client, a fresh food supplier / Green Grocer to the public, asked us to create an MVP to test out an idea for their business, we knew we had to build it in Adalo - an awesome PWA and native app builder.

Annie's idea is to test the local market to see if there is a need for "express deliveries" i.e. a same-day delivery service of Daily Offers in the form of everyday items like cheese, fruit, veg, coffee and more and whether people will pay the delivery fee required to make the idea viable.

After discussing the specific app requirements with Annie's, we decided to build an Airtable backend to make their life easier and to automate as much of the ordering & fulfilment process as possible.

Since Annie's need to update their Daily Offers every day (makes sense!) they can install the Airtable app on their phones and access the database we built for them that way.

They can also see the incoming orders, pick and pack, and mark them as complete. All in all, we built a lot of functionality into this MVP but only because Adalo is so powerful - all without code. Long live NoCode app builders!

Video walkthrough here for anyone interested:

Watch Video (10:21)

P.S. Quick update: the launch may be delayed (by the client) until next week rather than today. I mean, who ships at 2:15pm on a Friday anyway? 👋
Like Comment

I love Adalo but I'm not sure about its performance

😎 🛠️
Hi Adalo users + possible team members! I'm soon to launch our first Adalo built app to the wild for a client but more recently, I have observed slowness with the app in the front-end mostly.

For example, a Toggle Switch can take several seconds to change its state (empty heart icon to filled icon, for example) or an "Added to Cart" counter doesn't update fast enough to show that the selected product has just been added to the cart so the user is likely to try again and add too many units to the cart.

What experiences have people had with performance on their Adalo apps please? Is this a recent thing or ongoing? Is there a fix in sight? Etc.

I'm currently rebuilding the app in Glide as a back-up plan but Glide is not as flexible (IMO) as Adalo especially around the cart and checkout and payment options in Stripe.

Cheers all. 
Like Comment

Hi, I'm Glenn: Founder of TheFlow.agency in the UK! I build with NoCode, dream in NoCode, and love this community

😎 🛠️
For those who don't know me from the Slack channel and NoCode Twitter community, I love to explore all the tools - as most of us do - but I focus on Webflow, Airtable, Integromat, Google Sheets and Glide for the most part.

I mostly use the tools to build solutions for clients from Webflow websites with Airtable backend databases driving the features on the website, to Automation Flows helping with things like the parsing of Stripe payment events and the subsequent email communications to those subscribers i.e. my work day can be quite varied!

My co-founder (Steve) and I are also building our own products which we hope to release to the NoCode community when they are ready... I know, I know, they are never 'ready' but they do have to kinda work before you release them ;)

For a sample of my work, here is my latest Video Mini Series showing how I built the backend of a COVID-19 response website: totnesdelivers.co.uk . I look forward to meeting more of you in this Circle...

Like Comment